Saturday 25 August 2018

Book announcement

Hello everyone!

I am sorry for the long delay since the last post, but I do have some good news. Amberley Publishing have agreed to publish my book about Francis!

Its name will be "Lovell our Dogge: The Life of Viscount Lovell, Closest Friend of Richard III and Failed Regicide", it will have 120,000 words and most likely be published in about a year.

The book will be about Francis`s whole life and illuminate the less well-known and famous parts of his life as well as the more famous ones. There will also be some focus on his family, his wife, his sisters, their husbands, and his in-laws.

I hope to spread some knowledge about Francis with this book, correct some misconceptions, and especially to arouse interest in him as his own person, not just "Richard`s friend". It will at least attempt to answer the question what sort of person he was, with the help of many primary sources.

As soon as more details are known, such as likely publishing date, I`ll of course immediately report them. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michele! It's a pleasure to have discovered your extremely informative and well-researched blog and congratulations on your forthcoming book. I'm currently researching Anna Lovell for my next novel in which she will be very much a heroine! I look forward to reading your book. Best wishes, Nicola Cornick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) So glad you enjoy my blog!
      If you have any questions on Anne Lovell - Anne, by the way, I think Anna came mainly from fiction trying to differentiate her from the many other Annes at the time - or indeed on anything, do not hesitate to contact me.

      Delete